[B5] Retraso del reboot

Jesus Cea jcea at jcea.es
Thu Feb 24 21:13:48 CET 2022

Parece que el proyecto Babylon 5 se retrasa de otoño de 2022 a otoño de
2023. Estas noticias normalmente son un aviso a navegantes, pero parece
que el proyecto aún sigue vivo:

Para los que viven en youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ORFRkxb7wc

Y recurriendo a la fuente original:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/62084557

El texto oficial:

"""
Feb 3, 2022 at 11:59 PM
B5 CW News

I will be posting a link to this shortly so that other online folks can
get the news, but wanted to let Patrons here get the word first, even if
only by a little bit.

Anyone who knows the history of Babylon 5 knows that the path of this
show has never been easy, and rarely proceeds in a straight line.
Apparently, that has not changed.

About a month or so ago it was announced that the CW Network, B5’s home
for the last year while the pilot script was in active development, was
up for sale. When news of this broke, the immediate question was: will
this have any effect on B5? Situations like this have a way of upending
development because new owners usually want to put their imprimatur on
what programs go forward. Like everyone else, I’d hoped there would be
no immediate impact, and that progress on the project would continue
onward unabated.

A few days ago, I heard from inside Warner Bros. that there were a
number of High Level Conversations taking place with the CW to determine
how many pilots, and what sort, could be picked up during this
transition, especially given pre-existing deals and commitments. This
made sense given the preceding paragraph, but I remained optimistic.

Today, about an hour ago, Deadline Hollywood announced the slate of
pilot scripts being picked up for production by The CW. Babylon 5 was
not on that list.

When a pilot script is not picked up to production, 99.999% of the time,
that’s the end of the road for the project, the script is dead.

However: shortly before that piece was published, I received a call from
Mark Pedowitz, President of The CW. (I should mention that Mark is a
great guy and a long-time fan of B5. He worked for Warners when the show
was first airing, and always made sure we got him copies of the episodes
before they aired because he didn’t want to wait to see what happened next.)

Calling the pilot “a damned fine script,” he said he was taking the
highly unusual step of rolling the project and the pilot script into
next year, keeping B5 in active development while the dust settles on
the sale of the CW.

Here’s the bottom line:

Yesterday, Babylon 5 was in active development at the CW and Warner
Bros. for fall 2022.

Today, Babylon 5 is in active development at the CW and Warner Bros. for
fall 2023.

That is the only difference.

Would it have been wonderful if we’d gotten the green light today?
Absolutely. Of course. But it seems we will have to wait a little
longer. What matters is that the project is still very much alive, and
when the time is appropriate, that window will give B5 fans the
opportunity to express their passionate support for the series to the
new owners of the CW.

As noted above: the road to Babylon 5 has never been easy. But the good
news to come out of today is that the road is still very much intact.

Onward.

JMS
"""

--
Jesús Cea Avión                         _/_/      _/_/_/        _/_/_/
jcea at jcea.es - https://www.jcea.es/    _/_/    _/_/  _/_/    _/_/  _/_/