[HACK] NMAP vs ADSL

Roberto Rodriguez-Fernandez rrf at apdo.com
Tue Jan 15 11:08:35 CET 2002

Esto apareció en la lista del nmap (nmap-hackers at insecure.org). Yo no
tengo cómo probarlas (o mejor dicho, NO puedo), así que si hay algún
interesado... pos eso...

De:niels.heinen at ubizen.com (copia de un mensaje mandado por "Hacknisty"
<hacknisty at wanadoo.fr> al bugtraq)

Hi
I've found a bug in Alcatel Speed Touch Home ADSL modem

I was playing with nmap when i've tried to scan my modem with is local
ip
address (default is 10.0.0.138 but i've changed it to 10.0.0.1)

I've tested various scan and note that when you activate OS detection,
modem
reboot immediately

Is anyone can confirm that ?
My firmware version is 8706

I don't think we can do anything with that but i want to know what
really
happened on the modem. Is anyone can explain that to me

Sorry for my poor english and sorry to if this was already post here

Amically Hacknisty
Contestación de rossman at xtra.co.nz al mensaje anterior.

Just FYI, I get crazy things happening with my Nokia ADSL router/modem
as well.  If I run nmap and scan more than a couple of addresses the
modem just dies and requires a reboot.

I have not been able to determine why this is occuring as yet, but it
sucks...

Cheers,
mark   [;)]