[HACK] Fallo en el hyperthread??

Crg crg at digitalsec.net
Thu May 19 10:50:46 CEST 2005

Efectivamente no lo has soñado...

Referencia:  http://www.daemonology.net/papers/htt.pdf

google+Copy + paste =

CVE: The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) project
has assigned the name CAN-2005-0109 to the problem of informa-
tion disclosure resulting from cache evictions in simultaneous multi-
threading processors. This is a candidate for inclusion in the CVE list
(http://cve.mitre.org), which stadardizes names for security problems.

FreeBSD: This issue a
ects FreeBSD/i386 and FreeBSD/amd64,
and is address in advisory FreeBSD-SA-05:09.htt.

NetBSD: The NetBSD Security-Ocer Team believes that workarounds
will be suitable for the majority of our users. Since this issue is a com-
plex one, the `right' solution will require a larger discussion which is
only possible once this issue is public. This issue will be addressed in
advisory NetBSD-SA2005-001, which will provide a list of workarounds
for use until the ` nal' conclusion is reached.

OpenBSD: OpenBSD does not directly support hyperthreading at
this time, therefore no patch is available. A
ected users may disable hyperthreading in their system BIOS. We will revisit
this issue when
hyperthreading support is improved.

SCO: This a
ects OpenServer 5.0.7 if an update pack is applied
and SMP is installed; if also a
ects UnixWare 7.1.4 and 7.1.3 with
hyperthreading enabled, but hyperthreading is disabled in UnixWare
by default. This is covered by advisory SCOSA-2005.24.

Crg @ !dSR
http://www.digitalsec.net