[IRC-DEV] Re: [Coder-Com] NAMES showing +ov at a time problem

Daniel Reed n at cs.rpi.edu
Tue Aug 27 19:28:04 CEST 2002

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Ruben Cardenal wrote:
)   I'm a member of Irc-Hispano developers team, and we are having a
) problematic issue. We have modified m_names() function so now the NAMES
) reply marks to voiced and opped users at a time with "@+nick" instead of
) "@nick".

What is the benefit of doing this, protocol-wise? It is my understanding
that anyone who is oped has all privileges of being voiced, rendering their
voice status largely irrelevant.

--
Daniel Reed <n at cs.rpi.edu>
I wish thirteen was a single digit number: Then I could have the best of both worlds. -- Jacobi