[IRC-DEV] Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: [ircu-development] Re: [Coder-Com] Common point for numerics use & assigment

Jaime E . Villate villate at gnu.org
Fri Mar 15 10:41:43 CET 2002

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 01:29:41PM -0800, Daniel Dent wrote:
> Perhaps they are afraid of DoS?  Not that that necessarily
> makes sense in this case, but ...

As I tried to explained, very politely, to Carlo Wood, Savannah is run by
volunteers, and most of the work is done by only 3 people with limited
time. To avoid overload we have chosen to host only software projects or
documentation for a specific software package. We don't even allow our users
to create databases or use PHP scripts because we do not have the resources to
guarantee that we can keep them working correctly. For the record, I attach a
copy of my message to Carlo, which fueled this cross-post.

Cheers,
Jaime