[pybsddb] Patch: crash due to heap corruption

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Thu Aug 7 13:39:36 CEST 2008

Hi,

With monumental bad timing given the release of 4.7.2, I have a patch
against 4.7.1 that fixes three issues.

The first, most important one, is a bug in DB_remove that corrupts the
linked list of open DBs, leading to heap corruption and a crash on
shutdown.

The second change is to rename the private member in DBObject to be
private_obj. I'm #including bsddb.h in C++ code, where private is a
keyword.

The third change is that the bsddb.h header is not installed by
setup.py.

Is this patch ok or do I need to raise bugs for these?

Cheers,

Duncan.

--
 -- Duncan Grisby         --