[pybsddb] Problem scanning large hashed database

andrew andrew at reurbanise.co.nz
Thu Dec 4 20:04:06 CET 2008

I seem to have it sorted now. The problem was that my scanning code was
specifying the following locks when opening the database:

db.DB_CREATE|db.DB_INIT_MPOOL|db.DB_INIT_LOG|db.DB_INIT_TXN|
db.DB_INIT_LOCK|db.DB_RECOVER

After actually reading the documentation, I stripped it right back to
just:

db.DB_INIT_MPOOL

and all seemed to work fine.

Cheers, Andrew.