[pybsddb] Problems with Transactions

allan2600 at gmail.com allan2600 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 17:31:04 CEST 2008

Thanks for your response, Jesus.

Ideally I would like to work with pybsddb in Python 2.5. If there is a Windows Installer available for this version, please send me the link. Otherwise, I would be interested in finding a link that gives instructions for compiling one's own version of pybsddb. In the meantime, I will try to get things working in Python 2.4 first.

This time, I used the import statement from bsddb3 import db; however, it seems that I receive a new error at a much earlier time. When I try to issue the open environment command, I obtain the following error:

bsddb._db.DBError: (-30971, "DB_VERSION_MISMATCH: Database environment version m
ismatch -- Program version 4.4 doesn't match environment version 324403200.0")

And when I check the version number by typing db.version(), I receive the tuple (4, 4, 20). I realized that I still had a version of BerkeleyDB installed (but never compiled or linked to Python in any way). I repeated the same commands as listed in my original e-mail, but I still obtained the same error as above.

If I am not doing anything with transactions, using the standard bsddb as a part of the Python installation (I am using Stackless Python 2.5.1) has been working well for me. However, I have come to a point where I need to implement transactions in my system. After some initial difficulty, I tried to write a very simple version of my own (which may come in handy later because of other non-database sources I am trying to integrate into my application), but it would be nice to have this functionality available and not duplicate my efforts.

Thanks.

Allan