[pybsddb] Repication API of BDB

Davies Liu davies.liu at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 04:04:35 CET 2008

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 6:10 AM, Jesus Cea <jcea at argo.es> wrote:

> Davies Liu wrote:
> | Is there some plans for replication API of Berkeley DB ?
>
> Yes.
>
> No timeframe for availability, nevertheless. Completing pybssdb to fully
> export Berkeley DB C API will need time. Still trying to manage
> priorities...

Because of lack of replication API, I try to build BDB Python extension
usign Pyrex [1], it's really usefully.
I just copyd the define of consts and public handlers of structs directly
from "db.h", then did some replacements,
I had almost imported  all the API of BDB. What i need to do was write some
function wrappers,
to deal with arguments convertions and errors, and Pyrex can do most of
work.

I have attach the Pyrex code, made in a few hours, along by learning Pyrex.

# python setup.py build_ext

Is it a better idea to use Pyrex instead of raw C code to get more
productivity?

[1]: http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/greg.ewing/python/Pyrex/
[2]: http://ldots.org/pyrex-guide

Davies