[pybsddb] Missing db.DB_EID_INVALID

Jon Nilsen j.k.nilsen at fys.uio.no
Thu Jan 22 10:10:48 CET 2009

Hi,

I'm working on a Grid storage solution written in Python. In our model
all metadata are stored in a separate service, so we need to have a
really ACID, highly available database. So now I'm working on
implementing a replicated Berkeley DB using bsddb. The storage solution
is part of the Grid middleware ARC (Advanced Resource Connector) and
needs to use the communication framework of this middleware. So I need
to use the base api to build a replication framework.

Do you know if anyone has used bsddb for this purpose?

It seems to be doable with bsddb, except for two missing identifiers;
db.DB_EID_INVALID and db.DB_EID_BROADCAST. Is there any reason why these
two identifiers are not available from bsddb?

Otherwise I think bsddb is an excellent product :)

cheers,
Jon K. Nilsen