[pybsddb] Win32 executable installer...

hasanyasin hasanyasin at cubicpen.com
Thu Apr 15 13:18:17 CEST 2010

Hi again,
I will continue providing windows binary installers; but if somebody
needs a special build, this is how I managed to build after lots of tries:

I couldn't be able to finish compilation with mingw or cygwin. Probably
gcc should be configured different than I did.

After trying many things with mingw and cygwin, I have used MS Visual
C++ with success.

1. Copy Oracle BDB installation folder as db inside bsddb source tree,
ie, near setup.py.
2. Run

python setup.py bdist --formats=wininst

Installer will be at dist folder in bsddb source tree. If anybody faces
errors I will try helping...

hasanyasin