[pybsddb] using a database for concurrent reads

Christian Calderon calderon.christian760 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 00:22:08 CEST 2014

I am totally new to using Berkeley DB, and I am trying to figure out how to
have multiple processes reading and writing at the same time. I'm currently
using one process which listens on a socket for requests to put, get, or
delete data, which all my other processes must connect to in order to use
the database. Also, I am using bsddb.hashopen to open the database, and I'm
still figuring out how to use bsddb.db.DBEnv . I am using python 2.7 on
Windows 7, and I installed Berkeley DB using Oracle's installer for version
6.1.19.

Can someone show me an example of opening a DBEnv using the DB_INIT_CDB and
DB_INIT_MPOOL flags, and using cursor read locks and write locks to get and
put data in a DB?