[pybsddb] How to install bsddb3 6.2.6

Jesus Cea jcea at jcea.es
Wed Oct 17 14:54:52 CEST 2018

On 04/10/18 23:13, Kevin Cline wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to use pip to install bsddb3 on Windows 10 with Python
> 3.7, but it fails with the following (see below).
>
> Could you please point me in the right direction?

Sorry, Kevin. I would love to be able to provide Windows binaries, but I
lack the resource to do it by myself. At least not without some kind of
financial support or external help.

Apparently you don't have Berkeley DB installed or, if you have it,
pybsddb is unable to find it. Maybe the hardcoded "/" in the pathnames
are the culprit. Your could try to replace the "/" by "\\".

The steps would be:

1. Be sure you have berkeley DB installed.
2. Teach the python bindings how to find Berkeley DB.
3. Send me the patch!.

Good luck.

--
Jesús Cea Avión                         _/_/      _/_/_/        _/_/_/
jcea at jcea.es - http://www.jcea.es/     _/_/    _/_/  _/_/    _/_/  _/_/