[pybsddb] berkeleydb release 18.1.5

Jesus Cea jcea at jcea.es
Fri Jan 21 15:12:17 CET 2022

Project page: https://www.jcea.es/programacion/pybsddb.htm

Release: https://www.jcea.es/programacion/pybsddb.htm#berkeleydb-18.1.5

PYPI: https://pypi.org/project/berkeleydb/18.1.5/

Documentation: https://docs.jcea.es/berkeleydb/latest/

Release notes: https://docs.jcea.es/berkeleydb/latest/changelog.html

* WARNING - BREAKING CHANGE: Drop support for Python 3.6.

     This breaking change should usually require a major and/or minor
number update. Since berkeleydb traditional numbering is related to the
higher Oracle Berkeley DB supported, I would usually wait until Oracle
releases a new version to upgrade my own version and deprecate old
Python support at the same time. Given that Oracle has not released a
new Oracle Berkeley DB in almost four years, I must break this practice
for now.

     I am sorry if this update breaks your Python 3.6 environment. In
that case, please pin your berkeleydb installation to version 18.1.4,
the last Python 3.6 compatible release.

     Send me constructive feedback if appropiate.

* Python 3.10 support.

* Testsuite works now in Python 3.11.0a4.

* Python 3.11 added to the full test matrix.

* Python 3.11 deprecates the ancient but undocumented method
   unittest.makeSuite() and it will be deleted in Python 3.13.
   We migrate the tests to unittest.TestLoader.loadTestsFromTestCase().

* Experimental Python 3.11 support. Tested in 3.11.0a4.

--
Jesús Cea Avión                         _/_/      _/_/_/        _/_/_/
jcea at jcea.es - https://www.jcea.es/    _/_/    _/_/  _/_/    _/_/  _/_/