[pybsddb] Berkeleydb 18.1.8 released

Jesus Cea jcea at jcea.es
Fri Oct 6 02:16:41 CEST 2023

Short lived (~4 hours) release 18.1.7 is yanked. Do not use.

BerkeleyDB 18.1.8

Webpage
https://www.jcea.es/programacion/pybsddb.htm#berkeleydb-18.1.8

PYPI
https://pypi.org/project/berkeleydb/

Changelog
https://docs.jcea.es/berkeleydb/latest/changelog.html

Documentation
https://docs.jcea.es/berkeleydb/latest/index.html

Changelog:

   - **WARNING - BREAKING CHANGE:** Drop support for Python 3.7.

     This breaking change should usually require a major and/or minor
     number update. Since ``berkeleydb`` traditional numbering is
     related to the higher Oracle Berkeley DB supported, I would
     usually wait until Oracle releases a new version to upgrade my
     own version and deprecate old Python support at the same time.
     Given that Oracle has not released a new Oracle Berkeley DB in
     almost five years, I must break this practice for now.

     I am sorry if this update breaks your Python 3.7 environment.
     In that case, please pin your ``berkeleydb`` installation to
     version 18.1.6, the last Python 3.7 compatible release.

     Send me constructive feedback if appropriate.

   - Progressing the implementation of PEP 489 – Multi-phase
     extension module initialization:
     https://peps.python.org/pep-0489/.

     - Types are now private per sub-interpreter, if you are
       compiling under Python >= 3.9.

     - Provide a per sub-interpreter capsule object.

     - Solve a tiny race condition when importing the module in
       multiple sub-interpreters at the same time.

   - Update the "api_version" value of the capsule object.

   - Solve a "deprecation warning" when using modern "setuptools".

   - For testing, we require at least "setuptools" >= 62.1.0
     installed on all supported Python versions.

   - Python 3.12 is officially supported.

--
Jesús Cea Avión                         _/_/      _/_/_/        _/_/_/
jcea at jcea.es - https://www.jcea.es/    _/_/    _/_/  _/_/    _/_/  _/_/