Q alguien me traduzca y explique esto

Esteban Benítez warrenkeffer at yahoo.es
Wed Jul 17 19:14:30 CEST 2002

  Está en un enlace en la lurker, en el episodio
"Sleeping in Light" (pero no se si será spoiler: no lo
creo).

 En el enlace poner: Why there's a duck at the top of
the page. (Pq en la foto del episodio hay un pato)

  Por cierto, me he dado cuenta de que al final ponen
una frase de Kosh, que me encanta y la uso (no sé si
en el correo este tb) de vez en cuando.> Puff the

  Magic Dragon
  > "The avalanche has already started, it is too
  late  for the pebbles
  > to vote" - Kosh Naranek
  > "Nothing endures but change" - Heraclitus

La palabra "pebbles", ¿significa sólo guijarros?

El texto que me interesa, aunque sea un resumen:

I did some research in Dejanews and The Lurker's Guide
to B5 and this is what
I found out:

The Background
JMS!! What are the rules?

     Of the options you listed, only D poses a real
problem; A-C are
more or less okay.  The problem comes not so much from
speculating on
elements already introduced, as introducing *new* plot
elements that
have not been seen in the show to back up speculation
or conjecture,
which may or may not approximate what we're doing.
"The Minbari
surrendered because in some episode we'll see someday
the Earth had
developed a giant killer space duck hidden on the dark
side of the
moon that would nibble the Minbari homeworld to
destruction."  That is
kind of the dividing line between what's safe and
not-safe.

     jms

The Story
     Ah.

     The duck.

     Welp, listen up, young 'uns, and you'll hear a
tale from the old
days, from back when the bald 'n' bony fan club made
sense, Sinclair was
the station's final commander, and moderation was a
thing for
rec.humor.funny.

     It seems that certain people once had a certain
fondness for certain
parts of Claudia Christian's anatomy.  These people
started a thread to
discuss them, and this thread was called "Ivanova's
t*ts," and it was
slightly censored to appease the vocally offendable.

     Certain _other_ people asked, "So why don't we
ever have threads like
this about the _guys_?"  And so, not to be outdone,
these people promptly
started a thread entitled "Sinclair's d*ck."

     JMS saw this thread, and unto it posted the
reply: "Hey!  How did you
find out about that?  We weren't supposed to introduce
Sinclair's duck
until season 3!"

     Shortly thereafter, the aforementioned gif
appeared on the Lurker's
Guide.

     Let that be a warning to you.

 ----j7y

The JMS post
Re: Sinclair's D*CK!

     I don't understand...what does Sinclair's duck
have to do with
anything?  We weren't even planning on introducing the
duck until late in
season two.  I suspect a leak.  Nothing worse than a
leaky duck.

             jms

Another JMS "Duck" Joke

     "How did Sinclair's duck thing get started?"

     Probably by watching an attractive woman walk
across the room.

                                       jm(quack in
residence)s

The JMS Response to the Pic
Re: Regarding the Voices 2 GIF

     It's a duck.  Yes, why, of course it's a ducky.
Why would I think
anything else?  What a silly question.

     It's a duck.  A texture mapped metallic duck
coming out of a
jumpgate.

     A duck.  Of course.  A duck.

     *

     AAAAUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

     *

     (I wanna see it...and I wanna see it now.)

                 jms

It apparently is a well covered topic, and a question
that most of the
posters want to.... Uh Oh

        <wheet!>
Uh OH!
        tramptramptrampTrampTrampTRAMPTRAMPTRAMP.....

        WHAM!WHAM!WHAM!WHAM!WHAM!

Don't ask. Something else I found.

John

> >It's Sinclair's Duck...
> >
> >A very old newsgroup joke...
>
> Could someone please explain this joke, I've been
here for a couple of
> years but have yet to see an explanation. I kept
hoping it'd pop up
> between then and now but it didn't, so could someone
please fill me
> (and all the new people) in?
>

> Puff the Magic Dragon
> "The avalanche has already started, it is too late
for the pebbles
> to vote" - Kosh Naranek
> "Nothing endures but change" - Heraclitus

=====
La avalancha ha comenzado, es demasiado tarde para que voten los guijarros.- Kosh, Embajador Vorlon.
Últimas palaras de Warren Keffer: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!