[HACK] "Juego de niñas"

Javi javi at ideando.net
Tue Jan 18 13:35:01 CET 2005

	La verdad es que me interesó bastante la historia y tras investigar un
poco ví que esta noticia era algo antigua. Así que una rápida búsqueda
en Google para ver donde acabó el tan prometedor descubrimiento para la
criptografía.

	La chica escribió un libro sobre de cómo fué un gran descubrimiento
sobretodo por la velocidad de cifrado, pero debido a que era vulnerable
a cietos ataques no llegó más lejos. Aún así tiene mucho mérito, os dejo
el resumen de su libro:

In Code - by Sarah Flannery
Book Review, © Copyright 2002, Jim Loy

This is the interesting story of a young, Irish woman and her science
fair project. Her project was an attempt to show that the Cayley-Purser
algorithm (as she named it), of number theory, could be adapted as a
great improvement to public key cryptography. The algorithm was much
faster than previous methods. If this were a fairy story, Miss Flannery
would have won a Nobel Prize or something like it, and science would
have been advanced greatly. Unfortunately, the algorithm is flawed from
a cryptologic perspective; it can be attacked, and its hidden prime
number keys can be deduced. As a public key cryptographic method, it is
much less secure than previous methods. This attack upon the algorithm
is an interesting part of the story. And her project rightly won
national and international awards. The book also gives an interesting
introduction to the related basics of number theory and public key
cryptography.