[LoRa] Several top brands join LoRa Alliance at leadership levels

Jesus Cea jcea at jcea.es
Thu Jan 2 02:24:40 CET 2020

<https://www.mwee.com/news/several-top-brands-join-lora-alliance-leadership-levels?news_id=123168>

"""
Several top brands join LoRa Alliance at leadership levels
November 14, 2019 //By Rich Pell
Major brands join LoRa Alliance at leadership levels
The LoRa Alliance, the global nonprofit association of companies backing
the open LoRaWAN standard for IoT low-power wide-area networks (LPWANs),
has announced that several major brands have joined the organization as
new Sponsor and Contributor members in the past six months.

Members at these levels drive the work and direction of the LoRa
Alliance and development of the LoRaWAN standard. The latest additions,
says the organization, confirm continued momentum for LoRaWAN as the
global de facto LPWAN standard.

New Sponsor-level members include Amazon and German energy distributor
Netze BW GmbH, while new Contributor-level members include Arduino SA,
Dish Network, Intel, Tata Communications and more. Sponsor-level members
are eligible to be elected to the Board of Directors, participate in
voting for Board seats, participate in all committee work and have
voting rights at the committee level, while Contributor-level members
are eligible to participate in all committee work and have voting rights
at the committee level.

"The LoRa Alliance supports more than 3,000 members from more than 500
companies in the development and ongoing innovation of the LoRaWAN
specifications and Certification program, in addition to actively
marketing the standard via news, articles, speaking and tradeshow
exhibition opportunities," says Donna Moore, CEO and Chairwoman of the
LoRa Alliance. "We bring together the ecosystem to partner, collaborate
and share information. As an open, non-profit member-driven
organization, all of our sponsor and contributor members have an equal
voice and vote in defining our activities. It is a huge endorsement of
the LoRa Alliance to have so many recognized global brands coming on
board from all areas of the IoT ecosystem to advance our work and
technology."

Nick Lechner, Manager of the LoRaWAN Project, Netze BW adds, "As the
operator of energy networks in Baden-Württemberg, we want to use LoRaWAN
both for smart utility use cases and to provide capacities especially
for Smart City applications. Being a member of the LoRa Alliance
supports us in implementing our plans."

Alok Bardiya, Head - Internet of Things (Business Unit), Tata
Communications says, "We are committed to developing an IoT ecosystem in
India, bringing all the various players with this space – from
developers, start-ups, device manufacturers etc. under one system to
provide end-to-end IoT solutions to Indian customers. With the largest
IoT network based on LoRaWAN technology in India, we are excited about
the opportunity that this network enables in terms of improving worker
safety, saving energy costs by smart lighting or even asset and energy
monitoring. We also look forward to building more solutions that
integrate across platforms, networks and devices."

Fabio Violante, CEO of Arduino adds, "Arduino is the largest open source
hardware and software community in the world. For the past few years
Arduino has been on a journey to make available its hardware and IoT
Cloud platforms not only to makers and educators but also to
enterprises, by releasing several families of connected products
designed for IoT applications. In this scenario long range and low power
connectivity plays a fundamental role. By joining the Lora Alliance,
Arduino aims at further developing the IoT sector and contribute to the
widespread adoption of LoRaWAN on a global scale."

The LoRaWAN standard is designed to wirelessly connect battery-operated
"things" to the internet in regional, national, or global networks to
deliver actionable data and improve efficiencies. It targets key IoT
requirements such as bidirectional communication, end-to-end security,
mobility, and localization services.

LoRa Alliance
"""

--
Jesús Cea Avión                         _/_/      _/_/_/        _/_/_/
jcea at jcea.es - http://www.jcea.es/     _/_/    _/_/  _/_/    _/_/  _/_/