[LoRa] $10 HelTec CubeCell LoRa Board Features Cypress PSoC 4 MCU

Jesus Cea jcea at jcea.es
Thu Jan 2 02:27:56 CET 2020

<https://www.cnx-software.com/2019/11/14/10-heltec-cubecell-lora-board-features-cypress-psoc-4-mcu/>

"""
Posted on November 14, 2019 by Jean-Luc Aufranc (CNXSoft) - 1 Comment on
$10 HelTec CubeCell LoRa Board Features Cypress PSoC 4 MCU
$10 HelTec CubeCell LoRa Board Features Cypress PSoC 4 MCU

HelTec CubeCell is an Arduino-compatible LoRa module based on Semtech
SX1262 transceiver and a Cypress PSoC 4 mixed-signal MCU.

The module itself currently sells for $6.90, but you’ll also find a more
convenient board for $9.90, as well as a $13.90  IP67 “capsule” housing
a battery, an antenna, and a sensor board. All three are available on
the same Aliexpress page.

CubeCell LoRa BoardCubeCell LoRa board specifications:

    SoC – ASR Microelectronics ASR6501 with
        MCU – Cypress PSoC 4 Arm Cortex-M0+ @ 48 MHz with 128KB flash,
16KB SRAM
        LoRa Transceiver –  Semtech SX1262
    LoRa Connectivity
        Bands – EU433, CN470-510, EU863-870, US920-928
        Output Power – 21 dB +/- 1 dB max
        LoRaWAN standard protocol support
    USB – 1x Micro USB port for power and programming
    Expansion – 2x 11-pin headers with GPIO’s, UART, I2C, SPI, ADC,
Reset, and VIN, 5V, 3.3V, and GND power signals
    Misc – User and boot buttons, RGB LED
    Power Supply – 5V via micro USB port or LiPo battery via 2-pin header
    Power Consumption @ 3.3V(module)
        3.5 uA in deep sleep
        10 mA in LoRa Rx mode
        70 mA for LoRa Tx @ 10 dBm
        90 mA for LoRa Tx @ 14 dBm
        100 mA for LoRa Tx @ 17 dBm
        105 mA for LoRa Tx @ 20 dBm

    Dimensions – Module: 18 x 18 x 2 mm ; development board: 41.5 x 24.1
x 7.2 mm

Heltec PSoC LoRa HTCC-AB01 Board
Click to Enlarge

The board can be controlled with AT command, but it also supports
Arduino programming in Windows, Mac OS, and Linux. You’ll find
documentation and code samples on Github, as well as on Heltec’s own
website.

The company provides an example of battery life considering a connection
with the LoRa gateway every 15 minutes. In this case, an 80mAh/3.7V
battery would last for 3 months, but they did not mention in which mode
they performed the calculation.

CubeCell Capsule

The capsule above is 30 mm in diameter and 67 mm long. I understand it
houses a CubeCell module or another AR6501 based module, but the battery
and antenna are apparently not included on Aliexpress, so you’d have to
handle this yourself if you purchase the capsule kit. I’m also unclear
which sensor if any is included.

Via LoRaWan Thailand Facebook group where one user got hold of the board.
Jean-Luc Aufranc (CNXSoft)

Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before
quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to
write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
"""

--
Jesús Cea Avión                         _/_/      _/_/_/        _/_/_/
jcea at jcea.es - http://www.jcea.es/     _/_/    _/_/  _/_/    _/_/  _/_/