[pybsddb] Windows compilation error?

Lynton Grice lynton.grice at logosworld.com
Sun Nov 8 11:11:11 CET 2009

Hi there,

I have tried to find an answer to this online but unfortunately no luck yet
;-(

I have installed Berkeley DB (4.8.24) on my Windows box and am trying to get
the "pybsddb" library working with it.

I am getting the following error below "don't know how to set runtime
library search path for MSVC++" - does anyone know how to solve this issue?

BTW: I do have Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition installed as
well...

C:\soabox\python\Python26\Lib\site-packages\bsddb3-4.8.1>python setup.py
build

Detected Berkeley DB version 48 from db.h

running build

running build_py

running build_ext

building 'bsddb3._pybsddb' extension

warning: I don't know what to do with 'runtime_library_dirs': ['db/lib']

error: don't know how to set runtime library search path for MSVC++

I will keep digging in the meantime.

Is there anyway I could MAKE this using Cygwin?

Thanks for the help ;-)

Lynton