[pybsddb] Patch to allow limited set_bt_compress functionality

Sumukh sumukh.ghodke at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 13:02:59 CEST 2011

Hi all,

The set_bt_compress function has two callback C functions, for compression
and decompression, as its parameters. As far as I know SWIG does not allow
user defined python functions to be used as callback function. However, the
when the callback functions are NULL BerkeleyDB performs a prefix
compression/decompression by default.

I'm wondering if others are fine with bsddb3 partially supporting the
compression function. Prefix compression is useful for me and could be
useful to many others and I feel that limited support for compression is
better than having no compression support at all. I have attached a patch
here that makes the required changes.

cheers,
sumukh