[pybsddb] Request for Assistance with Oracle Berkeley DB Python Package and Specific DB Binding for Windows OS

Yura Korzun yKorzun at kyriba.com
Thu Jun 22 11:55:28 CEST 2023

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to you in regards to the
Oracle Berkeley DB Python package, specifically the version
berkeleydb/18.1.6/.

I understand that the current support includes Python 3.11 and newer across
all operating system versions. However, in our project, we are currently
using the Windows operating system and specifically require a binding with
Berkeley DB version 4.8 or 5.3, not any later versions. This presents us
with certain specific requirements and challenges.

Given this, I kindly request your guidance on how we can compile the
package for our specific OS version and with the aforementioned Berkeley DB
binding. Your expertise and assistance in this matter would be highly
beneficial and greatly appreciated.

Alternatively, if it would be more feasible, we would also greatly
appreciate if you could provide a compiled version for Windows OS with the
required Berkeley DB version binding and upload it to the PyPI repository.
This would indeed make our operations smoother and more efficient.

We appreciate your help and understanding in this matter and look forward
to your positive response. Thank you for considering our request.
--

Best regards,

Yura Korzun.